I am not necessarily the biggest shopper when it comes to things for myself, but when it comes to my dog I love buying things. I had no idea before I was a dog owner what cool (and expensive) doggie stuff is out there. We live on a student budget so it will be a long time until I am able to buy all of the dog-related things I am coveting, but I am procrastinating now so I figured I would share a few of the things that are at the top of my wish list right now:
1. A Kuranda dog bed– I have heard really good things about these beds. Pearl chews up blankets, pillows, and dog beds, so I would love to get her one of these “chew proof” beds. I find it is easier to work with her on a “go to bed” command if there is an elevated area and she stays better, so of course I have fantasies of sending her to her bed when people come to the door and avoiding the jumping insanity of her greeting them. They are pretty pricey and my husband is probably right when he predicts that she will hate it, but in my mind it will become her new favorite place to nap
3. Hunter rain boots with fleece welly socks– I know these aren’t technically “dog stuff” but walking Pearl in the rain this morning makes me think its reasonable to put it on the dog wish list. After all, it’s because of the dog that I am out walking in rain, snow, and all sorts of terrible weather.
4. The Ruff Wear Sun Shower Rain Jacket with hood- Pearl hates the rain and I think we would stay dry and look super stylish with her in her jacket and me in my hunter rain boots.
5. Through a Dog’s Ear CDs– Pearl is super reactive and anxious not just on walks but in the house. She barks at every passing car and slamming door. We currently leave the radio on when we leave her in her crate, but I think these CDs would be great to try either for when we leave her or maybe to try in the car, another place she gets a little nervous. I would especially love to put them on while I am studying so that Pearl could stay calm while I am working. I have heard good things about them, although who knows if they would actually work on Pearl.
6. Dog Bone Pendant– I know this is another one for me rather than Pearl, but it is dog related. I love it because I think it is simple and cute and not one of those dog themed accessories that go a little too over the top or are too cutesy but it is actually a necklace I would wear. And a portion of the profits go to Rescue Ink, an animal welfare organization.
What dog products are on your wish list?