I am taking a much needed break from studying because I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Angela J at Home is Where the Hounds Are! If you haven’t checked out her blog you should- her stories about her three ex-racing greyhounds always make me smile- her dogs seem FULL of personality!- and she always shares great pictures too. Her blog is one of the ones that has me thinking about adopting a sighthound of my own someday.
Lucky for me, the blog newbie that I am, this award comes with instructions.
Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs
As for picking five blogs, I apologize if I repeat by accident or if I am wrong about the number of followers a blog has- I can be clueless like that. This was tough, as I feel like I add new and awesome blogs to my blogroll all the time.
1. Life With Desmond– Perhaps because Pearl also has a pinch of crazy I like reading about other crazy dogs and the people who love them anyway, haha. Desmond is adorable and clearly a very lucky boy.
2. Maisie and Me– I don’t think dogs come cuter than Maisie. And, what can I say, I love reading about the lives of dogs whose people love them.
3. ShutterHounds– Steve Uyehara takes gorgeous photographs of greyhounds. If you don’t yet, his photos will make you fall in love with the breed too.
4. My Life with Flyball Dogs– I didn’t know anything about flyball before I started reading this blog and now I am dying to try it. Plus, her dogs are beautiful and her photos of them are impressive (after trying and failing to take good pictures of Pearl, I am pretty much in awe of people who have the skill to take great photos of their dogs).
5. Identity: V+E– Although the amazing number of cues Ximena has taught Elli makes me feel like a slacker, I’ve learned a ton since I started following her blog.
So, now you can all go check out my 5 blog picks while I get back to studying (boo hoo). My last exam is Saturday and we leave Sunday for the east coast to be home with family for the holidays. Can’t wait!