Before the holidays, I was given the Kreativ Blogger award by K-Koira over at My Life With Flyball Dogs. Since I have been a very bad blogger since then, I am just now getting around to saying thanks.
First, ten things you may not know about us:
1. Pearl is named after the dog in Robert Parker’s series of novels about Spenser the private detective. Spenser’s Pearl is a solid liver german shorthaired pointer (they called her a GSP mix when we adopted her).
2. Every time my landlord/roommate opens a beer, Pearl goes crazy barking and growling at him. Almost any other time, she loves him. Clearly, she thinks he drinks too much.
3. My landlord says Pearl reminds him of the dog on Hyperbole and a Half. (Yes, we might have done the tests from that post to check if Pearl was retarded. Honestly, I think she has the opposite problem of being too smart for her own good).
4. One of the tricks Pearl knows is “spin,” but she will only turn right. Like Zoolander, she can’t turn left.
5. Pearl hates PDA. Anytime my husband and I hug or kiss she whines and jumps on us. If we sit next to each other on the couch she worms her way in between us.
6. Pearl used to be really afraid of my Uggs. Now that she’s gotten over that I have to put them out of reach or she will chew on them.
7. Pearl wakes us up every morning between 6 and 6:30. Sleeping in for her means 7:00 a.m. However, if we get up, walk her, and feed her she usually lets us go back to sleep… with her in the bed with us of course.
8. Sometimes Pearl lifts her leg like a boy when she pees.
9. Pearl has a really long spay scar and because she has so little hair on her stomach its really obvious. I wonder whether there were complications with her surgery, because I bet her scar is at least twice as long as the average spay scar.
10. Pearl can recognize the sound of a string cheese wrapper being opened from anywhere in the house and its the only kitchen/food-related sound that she will reliably come running for. It’s heartbreaking because string cheese was the only food I would ever share with her but because of her allergies and the food trial she can’t have any right now. So I’ve kind of quit eating string cheese along with her because I can’t bear to eat it in front of her.
Now, I know I am supposed to pass the award on to six blogs I enjoy, but I think many of the blogs I read have already been recipients and I am so new to the blogging world that I am finding new blogs all the time. So, I am opening it up. Any of my fellow bloggers who have not yet received this award, share 10 things with us and pass it on! (I know this is a cop out and I apologize… all of the blogs on my blogroll are deserving- I enjoy reading them all!)